Sunday 25 August 2019

Day 3 (Aug 1) - Odaiba and Mitaka

I apologize for the delay in post. I was feeling quite fatigued and ill last night, thus went to bed early. I didn't end up sleeping till 6:00ish... so I guess I'm more jet lagged than I thought I was.

As for Day 3 -- I woke up at around 4 AM that morning. I was able to crash right after we got back to the hotel at night, but woke up a lot earlier than I thought I would. After lying in bed for about an hour, I got up and ate breakfast before heading down to the lobby for the hotel's complimentary breakfast.

Once we were all up and ready, it was off to Odaiba to see teamLab's Borderless. I've seen clips online of the museum and a few friends who went to this place recommended it to me. We spent around 40 minutes exploring the different exhibits. Rooms did not stay the same, for the art was flowing from one place to another.

After Borderless, we ventured to the nearby Toyota Megaweb Dealership. There were a number of new sights, including the new GR Supra. I have to say that it looks better in person than in pictures. We also got the chance to play a Gran Turismo simulator they had set up, simulating the new Supra. I initially thought we got to race one another, but it ended up us racing AIs. I was a little suspect since the Supra was beating extremely fast cars in the game...

After Toyota, we ventured for lunch at Kokugikan Mai -- on top of AquaCity. It's a ramen alley that had 6 different shops with 6 different flavors. We opted for Hokkaido Miso Ramen.

Once lunch was over, it was straight off to DiverCity to see the new Gundam Base, which replaced the smaller Gundam Front. It was huge, with a wide variety of custom built Gundams displayed from previous winnners. After venturing for a while, I brought up the idea of heading off to Mitaka to see a specific Subaru dealership called Car Do Subaru. What made this dealership special is it's upstairs floor.

They had a 22b (Holy Grail of Subarus) on display! Besides that, there were a whole lot of other Subaru cars to see including an old rally Legacy and Impreza. There was also a S208 on display.

Once that was done, it was back to Shinjuku for dinner and to check in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment