Sunday 31 March 2019

Dai Renai - Don't Forget Me Initial Thoughts

For the last week of my 20's, I'll try and put in a bit more effort into my blog posts.

Over the past two years, it has been harder and harder to find a good drama series to watch. There seems to be less people subbing drama series, unless it's the really popular ones starring younger actors/actresses. I grew up with actors and actresses around my age, thus having a liking for drama series that revolves around an older cast and audience. I'm assuming people who used to sub those series are busy with their lives, or perhaps grew out of watching dramas. Going off on a tangent... I do need to work on my Japanese listening skills...


One actress I'm particularly fond of is Erika Toda. I enjoyed her acting in a bunch of different series -- Liar Game, SPEC, Code Blue, Hana Yori Dango and Reverse to name a few. As a somewhat yearly ritual, I try to find some drama series to watch during my break. Scrolling through dramawiki, I managed to find this particular series staring Erika Toda.

I normally don't like romance series, especially serious romance/dramatic series (except for Bara no nai Hanaya), but I decided to make an exception for this one. The premise was somewhat intresting -- Erika Toda plays a doctor that is engaged to another doctor that she met a few months back (arranged marriage), but she falls in love with a novelist-turned-home-mover who wrote her favorite book. Sadly, Toda develops Early Onset Alzheimer's, which throws a kink into their relationship -- and her ex-fiance is the doctor in charge of her treatment since he's the leading expert in Early Onset Alzheimer's. 

I abhor love triangles, but out of the four episodes I saw so far, it hasn't been to much of an issue. The story doesn't seem to be exceptional at the moment, but I'll have to reserve judgement to the very end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment