Monday 8 August 2016

If wishes could be fulfilled, then I wouldn't wish for anything

Just finished re-watching both seasons of Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru/My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (Situation Normal, All F**Ked Up). After reading analysis of certain episodes in the dramatic, but incredibly awesome second season, I realized how many deep quotes this anime series has. My favorite has to be the following...

"If wishes could be fulfilled, then I wouldn't wish for anything. The things you're handed on a silver platter are never genuine or everlasting. And that is why I will always keep searching." - Hikigaya Hachiman -- as translated in episode 8 of the second season

From my own interpretation, most meaningful experiences in life tend to be the one where you put in effort. Whether it's a person's relationships or achieving goals, I think this quote can apply to either. Thinking about my own experiences, I find it to be quite true. Relationships that goes through natural up and downs and last tend to be the most meaningful. Achieving goals through mostly your own means seem to have the most impact and to be genuine. Things that come easy to, never seem to last as long. Relationships that always have rose-coloured glasses never feel as deep or meaningful.

Perhaps a quote to use for the next school year.

Which reminds me that I should write up my experiences as a third year teacher soon. Only two weeks of break left... where has the time gone? It's also hard to believe that I'll be starting my fourth year as a teacher...

No comments:

Post a Comment