Wednesday 9 August 2017

Day 14 (July 23) - Kawasaki's Fujiko.F.Fujio Museum and Nakano

We woke up relatively late compared to our other days. We checked out of our rooms and headed to the station. One of us had to leave Japan early, so he went on his own to the Narita Express. The rest of us travelled to the Chou line to find a way to Kawasaki: place of the Doreamon (Fujiko.F.Fujio) museum.


The total train time was about 45 minutes so it wasn't too bad. There was a train to Shinjuku to Kanda, followed by an another line from Kanda to Kawasaki, and finally from Kawasaki to a station about a kilometre away from the museum. Here was where we learned how to order tickets from Lawson.




The tickets came from a machine that had very little English instructions. I was totally confused and it took us nearly 20 minutes to figure it out. I got frustrated and actually left the convenience store to search up more guides on how to purchase tickets. During my search, my brother and friend figured out how to purchase tickets. The part that I was stuck on (how to put a space between my name) was solved by pressing a "drill" button. Slightly embarrassed, we got the tickets and left Lawsons.


We had 3 hours to kill so we headed to lunch. There was Muten Kurazushi nearby so we went there for lunch. Comparing Kurazushi with Uobei, I have to say that Uobei has topped my previous favorite kaiten sushi (conveyor belt sushi) place in terms of quality. However, Kurazushi makes one mean gyudon.



After that, we headed to the museum to wait for our scheduled appointment time. Our scheduled time was for 4 PM, but they let us in at around 3:30. Once inside, we got a chance to explore. I never watched Doreamon before do it wasn't too significant for me, but one of us did and I'm sure that it meant a lot to him. The exhibits mostly displayed the life of the creator, Fujiko F. Fujio, and his creations.


After spending time at Kawasaki, we headed to Nakano. As I found out in 2015, Nakano is home of rare otaku goods. It's like an Akihabara, but with rarer stuff in my opinion. I was looking for a SR Glaceon, but to no luck. My brother got me an Eevee toy though, so that was good! After Nakano, we went back to the hotel to check into our new room. It was a lot higher than our previous room.
Since there were only three of us, we got a room with two beds on the "main floor" and one located on a "second floor" or loft.





After checking in, it was off to Artnia Cafe since it's located 5 minutes away from our hotel. With nothing to buy, we headed to the nearby supermarket for dinner and breakfast.

A relaxing day nevertheless. Only a couple more days before we go back to Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment