Thursday 25 August 2022

Las Vegas 2022 - Day 1 (August 17)

 As for the context, a good friend is getting married in a month. Traditions suggest we host a grand party before he is legally married so a bunch of us sat down to figure out what he potentially wanted to do. After debilitating for a while, we decided to propose a Las Vegas trip to the groom, since he wasn't able to go with us back in 2013. 

After a few months of planning, including making a rough itinerary, booking events, tickets and an AirBNB, we were ready to head off on our trip. Six of us started from Calgary while the groom started all the way in Ottawa. It has been three years since I've been on an airplane. I realized that flight that I enjoyed travelling, but not the plane itself. It wasn't turbulent, but there was no onboard entertainment for the 2 hour and 45 minute plane ride to Sin City. 

Upon arrival at Harry Reid International Airport, we disembarked and headed towards the exit. It was hot, nor as hot as I recalled back in 2013. After finding the ride sharing location, we took an Uber to our AirBnb. It was located near the Chinatown, which was nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of the strip. After reuniting with the groom, who arrived a lot earlier than we did, we walked to the nearby Target to stock up for the week. We used to have Target back in Canada for... a few years before they pulled all their stores. I can't recall what the hype was all about back in the day, for Target reminded me of any other American department store. One difference I noticed however, were the variety of chips you could get in the States compared to Canada (ie: Flaming Cheetos). 

We had a pile of food, including lots of drinks. Fortunately, with seven guys, we were able to lug it back to the AirBnB in about 15 minutes. After relaxing and snacking for a bit, we headed out to grab some late night dinner. We ended up at a ramen restaurant called Shokku. As I entered, I noticed that they were playing One Piece on a TV (First season... since I just recently watched the particular episode that was airing) and had manga plastered on its wall. The decor was definitely cool for a restaurant. We were told to wait about 30 minutes since it was busy, so we left and walked around Chinatown till it was our turn to eat. I ordered a Tonkotsu Ramen, which was actually decently good.

Once dinner was done, I was feeling quite exhausted. Three of us decided to head back to the AirBnB while the other four walked towards the strip. Once I got to our rental, I collapsed on the couch and napped for a while before getting up to pick up a bedroom, to continue on sleeping. 



No comments:

Post a Comment