Sunday 1 July 2012

Canada Day!

It's been a while since I last posted! I was being lazy the last couple of days... My excuse is that I'm getting ready for work this coming week! Relax now and work hard for the next couple of weeks! =P

Today is Canada Day! I believe Canada is now 145 years old! We're a pretty young country compared to many other countries around the world. For today, my family went out to Banff National Park, since it's free on Canada Day. It has been about seven years since we last been to Banff as a family. The main purpose for today's trip was to take pictures with my dslr and smell the fresh air that the mountains have to offer! =)

Anywhoos... we left our house at around 6ish today (or was it near 7... I was so groggy that I don't remember). We first stopped at Banff. Parking was a breeze since it was so early. After walking around the Banff Spring's Hotel and town, we left Banff and headed to Lake Louis.

Lake Louis was a little bit more difficult to find parking, since we arrived there at around 11. However, we were lucky and found a spot relatively close to the lake. It has been about 12 years since I've been to Lake Louis, but it looks pretty much the same to me. It's busy as usual with a lot of tourists taking pictures (I saw many people with high end Canon dslrs; not a lot of Nikons for some reason). Today though, it was raining a bit, which made it slightly cold. After spending about an hour and a half, we left Lake Louis and travelled to Moraine Lake.

Apparently my parents brought me to Moraine Lake a long time ago, but I don't remember the place. The lake seems to be pretty famous, for it was the picture on the back of the old $20 bills. Also, it's apparently being used by Android as a wallpaper... but don't quote me on that! Moraine Lake had a really nice bluish-green tint! After spending time near the lake, we climbed up a trail that led us to a rocky cliff/plateau that gave us a nice view of the lake.


And that's my day! I'm pooped now so off to relax before bedtime =P

No comments:

Post a Comment