Wednesday 4 July 2012

Money Spending Day

Just purchased a new bag for my camera! It holds a full sized DSLR with a battery pack and 5-6 lenses/flashes. It can also hold a 15.4 inch laptop and numerous accessories! All of that set me back around $70, which is not too bad considering a similar sized/feature bag in Calgary would cost me about $20 more (at Vistek). 

Before I go into more detail about my daily spendings, I want to rant a bit about my day. =P

Sooooo I had a food safety course today at 10 AM. I arrived at the location, 5 minutes late, and thus I was barred from entering. I was told to come back for either the 1 PM session or the 6 PM session. 

Now I understand that it's important to be on time and all, and that I should have left my house earlier (there were delays on transit today), but shouldn't there be some leeway??? Ahhhh, well so I was stranded with a dilema. 

1) I could go home, but if I did, I would have to leave right away (since I would be at the train station at around 10:30... get home at around 11:30... if I took the train back, I would have to leave so I would arrive back on the stampede grounds and at my location with about 15 minutes to spare.... or even if I drove, I would have to pay for parking and walk an extra 5-10 minutes to reach the other end of stampede to sign in and out.) 

2) Or I could hang around stampede/downtown/etc until the 1:00 session.

I decided on the latter. I always wanted to see what its like going down the south end of CT, so I took a train all the way down to Sommerset/Bridlewood. It took about 30 minutes from the Stampede station and I wasn't all the excited when I arrived... but at least I can say I did it... though who would I boast it too... Train junkies I guess?

Once I arrived at the Sommerset station (at around 10:55), I thought to myself that I should go eat lunch before heading back. The closest restaurant I saw was Wendy's so there I went! (Errr... English sounded weird here...)

This was my 2nd time eating a burger at Wendy's (my first time was when I was like 10... I don't recall the taste at all). I had to say that I was quite satisfied with my meal: 1/4 pounder single combo. The patty was actually quite tasty!

Once I was done eating, I stayed at the restaurant a bit to read up about the discovery of a particle that has a strong chance of being the elusive Higgs Boson particle AKA God Particle (even though Higgs dislike that name... the media gave it... go figure =P)

Once I was done reading, I headed back to the train station and back towards Stampede. After signing in and walking, I managed to arrive 45 minutes early. To my surprise, there were already about 30 people waiting for the course 0.o

Anyways, I wanted to see what was so special about the first 5 minutes of the presentation, which turned out not to be too important IMO, since it was mostly an introduction (or maybe I'm still bitter about it). The presentation ended after 45 minutes and I went to go get my food safety card. After signing out, I headed back to the train station to 

go....

DOWNTOWN to purchase a gundam kit. I haven't built one at all this summer. 
1/100 MG Full Armor Unicorn Gundam

Pretty much, it's the regular Unicorn Gundam with a pretty cool weapon pack. It cost me about $120... my most expensive MG to date. I'll make sure to spend a good deal amount of time on this one!

And finally to wrap up my day of spending... I purchased a $2.07 case, off Ebay, for my iPhone. The reason being was that my old case was scratched up (after I dropped my phone on concrete last week) and I always wanted a clear plastic case. So why not? =P

And that pretty much marks my day, full of more purchases than I usually make in a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment