Tuesday 7 April 2015

Memorable 26th Birthday

As I age, I give less notice to my birthday. It becomes just another day. Perhaps I'm subconsciously afraid of growing old, or some other reason... but my birthday seemed to lose its significance.

Today started off like any other day. Some of my students remembered it was my birthday today, so they gave me their well wishes.

The day proceeded to go as any other day. Some of the younger students I teach came to me during their lunch break to give me cards and flowers. It was unexpected, but very touching.

During lunch, I was called down to the office. It was an unusual situation since I normally get messages on the phone. Little did I know that I was in for a surprise!

As I walk back down the hall, back to my classroom with my vice principal, along came a surprise that a couple of my homeroom students set up!

It was an extremely touching moment. One that I think I'll remember for the rest of my teaching career.

And once again... it gave somewhat of a "meaning" to this day. It felt special once more. =)


Darn, photo is sideways, but it's my favourite card!

No comments:

Post a Comment