Monday 11 February 2019

Do you know what Winter Driving Conditions Are?!?

Not much happened at work besides putting away tables and chairs first thing in the morning. The lock wouldn't open since it was frozen shut, but fortunately one of our custodians used a lever to help open the padlock.

Shoulders and arms were fun... though the "funner" part was driving to the gas station. Roads were extremely slippery and my car was sliding all over the place. Fortunately, there weren't a lot of cars on the roads.

After filling up, I was heading back home. I took the usual route (26th Ave going to 36th St). The light ahead was green for a while, and seeing that the entire road was shiny, I decided to slow down since I won't be able to make it. The SUV behind me wasn't pleased apparently, because he kept high-beaming me. As I predicted, the lights did turn red and I stopped. Despite going slowly, I did end up losing some grip with my rear end, and it swayed out a bit as my front moved dangerously close to the side. The SUV behind me was in between lanes, and decided to move to the left lane after. I made eye contact with him, and found out it was a middle aged man driving. He kept waving his hands in circle, which I interpreted as asking me why I didn't go...

Trying to keep a civil head, I rolled down my windows and told him that it's winter and it's slippery outside. He rolled down his windows, and with a relatively thick accent, said something along the lines that I should have went, and somehow I confused him (could be because when I turned from Sunridge Mall to 26th, I ended up going between two lanes for a bit, but he was turning from the hospital and no where near me when I checked my rear mirror).

Keeping my mouth clean (which I admit was starting to be difficult since I was getting ticked off with this man), I told him once again that it was quite slippery and I didn't find it safe to go fast. Also, I mentioned that I was in the right lane, and that the left lane he was eventually in, was also a turning lane. He continued to say something among the lines of going (from what I recalled), but just ended up saying never mind at the end and laughed.

I "laughed" along with him and closed my windows. I admit, I may have said a few choice words after. =P

Once the light turned green, we both turned, and as I guessed, he accelerated to cut me off. Not wanting to get into a collision, I let him do that.

Whatever floats his boat. I'm not the one asking for an accident!

But thanks to the man, it made my day somewhat interesting from the mudane daily life I've been living thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment