Saturday 16 February 2019

I Want To Eat Your Pancreas

Fear of change -- ever since 2017, I've been scared to push hard for squats. As for today though, I challenged myself to squat 275 lbs for 2's. I was hesitant at first since 225 lbs wasn't going up quickly, but I managed to get in my five sets of 275 lbs for 2's relatively well. Going back to 225 after for a couple sets went well (and I managed to pause for 3 seconds for a couple sets). Despite just being 2 reps per set, I feel like I'm one step closer in conquering the fear of surpassing 225 lbs.

Which is a segue to a movie I watched today. I've been wanting to watch it for a while after seeing a trailer, but time was the biggest issue for me. Fortunately with the long weekend, I had time to day (after finishing entering marks -- meaning that my weekend is pretty free!) to watch.

And I'm conflicted with how I feel about the movie. The beginning was slow, and it was hard for me to feel any attachment to the characters till like halfway. And then the plot twist... which I think is the author's placed in to be original, though I thought s/he should have left it cliche. Cliche would have worked perfectly for this movie, and I would have thoroughly enjoy it that way. Like mentioned before though, that plot twist really killed whatever positive feelings I had with the movie.

Perhaps with time, and another re watch, I'll come to appreciate what the author has done. But as for now, I have mixed feelings for the movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment