Wednesday 11 September 2019

Day 20 (Aug 18) - Back to Tokyo

One final bread breakfast at our hotel before we prepared to leave our hotel in Okayama. We didn't book tickets for the Shinkansen despite Sunday being a busy day for travel due to people heading back to home with Obon finishing a couple days ago. Fortunately for us, the Hikari shinkansen started at Okayama, meaning that we could grab seats in the unreserved cars.

Four and a half hours later, we made it back to our hotel in Shin-Okubo. We were able to check in right away, so we took a small break before heading out to Nakano. We first went to Nakano back in 2015 when my friend was looking for camera parts. Back then as well, we were able to find rare Gundam kits and Pokemon cards.

Unfortunately this time around, there were none of those to be found. After walking for about an hour, we left dejected. Since we didn't eat lunch, we headed back to Uobei. I wanted to use my 5% coupon that I won during my first visit this trip, but I wasn't aware that I had to trade in my coupon for a voucher. That means I'll have to make a 3rd trip back to Uobei! =)

We went looking for some souvenirs near Shibuya station, but unfortunately the building was undergoing renovations (seems to be a theme this time around). It was pretty early still, so we ventured to Tokyo Station to look for the Pokemon Centre near the Pokemon Cafe. As we approached Tokyo Station, we walked through their underground passage, which was full of tourists. We soon went above ground to a part of Tokyo that I haven't visited yet.

The Pokemon Centre and Cafe were located within a Takashimaya department store in Nihombashi. The walk reminded me of our downtown since it wasn't filled with people walking down the streets. The Centre was relatively easy to find with the cafe being right across. Unfortunately, you had to reserve seats for the cafe, and I swear that anytime a day opens up, it fills up right away. Fortunately, it wasn't the case with the centre. After looking around for a while, we ended up heading back to our hotel via subway. Once back in Shin Okubo, we headed to Don Quijote for dinner and relaxed for the rest of the night.

The last leg of our journey. Waking up early makes it feel like we've been in Japan for over a month now.

No comments:

Post a Comment