Saturday 14 September 2019

Day 23 (Aug 21) - Beginning of our Shopping Spree.

Our last two days were purely for shopping. We started out in Shibuya, hoping to shop at their Tokyu Hands for a specific item. However, they were closed, thus we had to travel elsewhere. We made one final stop at Uobei for this trip: I didn't eat as much, so I gave my 5% voucher to my brother to use.

Once we had breakfast/lunch/brunch, it was off to Akihabara. I was looking for a specific item at a store, but it turned out that it was closed on Wednesdays! Turning back towards the station, we made our way to the Radio Station, which had a wide variety of toy and card shops. For the next two hours, I stopped at the various card stores to compare prices of certain Pokemon cards that I wanted. Time went by so quickly that I wasn't fully aware till I looked at my watch and it was mid afternoon.

We then travelled to Ameyayokocho (Ameyuko) for snacks at the snack store we found in 2017. It was extremely busy, and unfortunately they stopped taking credit card (I'm quite sure we paid with card back in 2017). With a few massive bags filled with savory snacks (not a lot of sweet snacks this time around), we headed to a wind chime store down a quieter shopping arcade nearby. Finally, it was back to the hotel to drop off our goods thus far.

We rested before heading out to Freshness Burger near our hotel for dinner. It's my first time (I believe) at Freshness, and it tastes just like Mos Burger. As we waited for our food, I started reminiscing about Japan 2019, even though there's still one more full day left. Overall, a really good trip with a lot done.


No comments:

Post a Comment