Saturday 2 November 2013

Pokémon Breeding isn't too bad with YouTube

So much snow! Good thing I didn't have to go out besides Volunteering this morning. Once again, a normal day at the hospital. I played through my songs and went home.

When I got home today, I did some studying and played a couple of games of LoL. Starting next week, I will have to cut back to playing on the weekends, but it's alright! =) Besides LoL, I started breeding for my Pokémon team. It's not as easy as using Pokésav, that's for sure...

My initial goal was trying to get Pokémon with 6 maxed (valued at 31) IVs (essentially, super-soldier like Pokémon). Which turned out to be a lot harder than it looked. I had my ditto with 3 31 IVs and my Pokémon in need, with 2 31 IVs in different stats, but to no avail. Most of the offspring either had the 3 from the ditto (since it was holding a Destiny Knot) at best... or 1 to 2 31 IVs. After about an hour of hatching and checking their stats, I decided to settle for 3 IVs that were beneficial for that individual Pokémon. For example, a Gible with 31 IVs in Attack, Special Defence (hope that helps against Ice type moves... besides Ice Fang) and Speed.

To help with this necessary, but tedious grind, I employed the help of YouTube. Pretty much, I spent my evening watching a bunch of random YouTube videos. All of a sudden, I felt like listening to the OST of one of my favorite dramas: Bara no nai Hanaya (The Flowershop without a Rose). I watched this drama years back, when I was a semi-veteran and immensely irritated with the genre of Romance. I have seen tons of romanatic dramas that seemed to use the same love triangle plot, which really got onto my nerves. I was initially hesitant to start this drama, but it starred Takeuchi Yuko and Shaku Yumiko. Thus, I began watching this drama was a sense of apprehension. It turned to be nothing but nought since Bara no nai Hanaya was nothing like what I have expected. Sure, it didn't have the best plot, and some parts were highly unrealistic... yet it was simply well acted in my opinion.

But enough talk! Time to catch up on sleep! Remember that it's Daylight Saving Time, so roll back your clocks!


This scene was one of my favorites throughout the drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment