Tuesday 6 January 2015

Holy Snowy

Woke up this morning to a relatively large snowfall. Upon seeing the snow, I left for work earlier than I usual would.

Still ended up late (1 minute late today). During my nearly an hour drive, I noticed how many owners would not brush the snow off the car. There was even a person who switched into my lane, though making it difficult to see his/her turning light due to the thick compacted snow that covered his/her rear end.

Is that extra minute or two really be a significant difference in your commute to work/play/wherever you're going to at 7 AM in the morning?

Enough raging... school started later than usual due to the late buses. I was immensely surprised by the large turnout of students. I believe the lowest amount of students I had in a class was 80%. Much higher than the measly 3-4 students that I had on multiple occasions last year as a teacher. I must say that I'm quite pleased with the turnout... or it could be due to the fact that today was the first day back for students...

We'll see if it'll be busy tomorrow at school in terms of student population!

After work, I got home a lot earlier than I expected, so I ended up hitting the gym once again. I now regret it, since I have some major shin splint pain shooting up my right leg. It's those dull pains that really make you grit your teeth, for it doesn't really go away.

A simple, yet effective cure is rest; off to bed I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment