Sunday 25 January 2015

Humbling Experience

It's been quite a while since I last blogged. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened over the past 11 days really.

It's hard to believe that January is almost over, for I feel that there's so much to do with quite a few deadlines approaching! Either way, I feel quite fortunate to have a great support network with my tasks, thus not feeling so stressed about what needs to be done for the next couple of months!

Besides that, I've started an online course on Photoshop CS5. I found this course via a post on Facebook on online courses. This is what I think my profs were talking about in terms of life long learning. Learning never stops!

I've just completed my first lesson (of 12) on CS5 and there were so many tools that I wasn't familiar with. True, I'm a scrub when it comes to CS5. I mostly just fiddle around with really basic settings and hope for the best. The lesson took longer than I expected, but it was definitely time well spent. And best of all... the course is free!

Onto the title of today's blog. My dad always had an interest in space, so he purchased an amateur telescope. Since today was an extremely clear day, he set it up to look at Jupiter. I had the chance to peer through the lens; though having difficulties in seeing details of the planet. I was, however, able to get a glimpse of three of Jupiter's moons (three bright spots orbiting the significantly larger spot).

And that experience was awe inspiring. I recall how I took my eye off the eye piece and glazed upon the night sky. There were a large amount of twinkling spots that dotted the darkness, with Jupiter being the brightest. It made me realize how small we are compared to the vast universe out there.

Finally, for the picture of the day


I took this picture on Friday when I was coming home from work. It was a unique drive home due to the strong contrast of dark clouds and summer like blue sky. I wanted to take a picture as I was done a stretch of road, but of course, safety first!

No comments:

Post a Comment