Thursday 26 March 2015

Day 5 and 6 - Your Lie in April

Meant to post yesterday, but got too lazy. Essentially, I spent yesterday relaxing. I played a bunch of MH4U and watched a lot of an anime I started on Monday.

Back in... around middle of October, I noticed a series on Crunchyroll labelled as "Your Lie in April". Due to my birthday being in April, I was intrigued by the title, thus clicking on it. I read in a review that it's really similar to Pet Girl of Sakurasou Hall, which happened to be one of my favorite "slice of life" animes. Knowing that, I knew that I had to watch the series...

Only when it finished.

Over the past 5 months, it left my mind until I clicked on it on Monday.

And I was glad that I did.

Without spoiling anything... it was simply one of the most amazing anime series I have seen in a long time. It touches on an emotional level unlike many series now a days (very akin to Pet Girl). I was entranced by the story line, in that each of the characters had their stories flushed out, with as of course, more emphasis on the main male and female character.

It was an emotional ride throughout, though a slightly predictable outcome. With similaries to Pet Girl and the J-dorama: Orange Days, I had an idea of what was going to happen throughout the story line. I had an idea of what the characters will go through, and how they will grow. Nonetheless, I had to see it all the way through.

The last episode was simply breathtaking, yet realistic. I inevitable knew the ending once I saw the expression on the main male protagonist, Arima Kousei. It was an ending that exceeds a lot of endings.

And now the wait till the OVA comes out in May. I have no idea what the plot is going to be like; an epilogue would give the series, in my opinion, a more "complete" closing.

I guess another reason why I enjoyed the show so much was that I can see some parallels with my own life. Sure, I was never a piano prodigy, nor was I pushed in that direction, but I could relate to aspects of Kousei's life and when he lost his touch with the piano.

As always, I can never do a review justice. Just know that I only talk about series that I really like! ^_^

Another, "as always", I recommend this series to anyone who feels lost in life, enjoys classical music and a simple, yet intricate story.

Credits to: https://reallifeanime.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/your-lie-in-april-episode-22-farewell-duet.png

For the amazing screen cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment