Sunday 17 May 2015

A challenge like none other

A couple weeks after watching Your Lie in April, I started taking up the piano again.

I thought, why waste the skills I learned and honed (somewhat halfheartedly on my part) over 15 years go to waste. The piano I played as a volunteer doesn't really count, because I don't consider it as practice if I just sight read everything. 

I credit my sight-reading abilities to my lack of practicing skills... which in turn forced me to "fake" my way through my lessons. I'm quite sure that all of my previous piano teachers caught onto it really quickly though. =P

It started off with learning Debussy's Clair de Lune, a relatively calming piece that helped me get back into the piano.

And now for this challenge 

I will learn this piece! Besides sheer will, I need to encourage myself to learn this "beast" of a piece. I think it'll be one of the hardest pieces I ever tried to play (besides Prokofiev's Devilish Inspirations... which was a disaster for my exam).

Perhaps, daily journal articles on my progression?

No comments:

Post a Comment