Wednesday 22 August 2012

Shoes and Dramas

After my morning swim, I came home to eat breakfast. When I eat breakfast, I usually read the newspaper/flyers or sit in front of my computer and watch an episode of something (drama, anime, youtube, etc). Today, I opted to read a Sports Chek flyer.

On the front page, it had the occasional sale where you buy one pair of shoes, you get another pair at 50% (with conditions of course, such as no shoes with prices ending in 98 cents, or top sale shoes). Since I've been wearing my runners for the past 6 years or so (and not having any other comfortable runners on hand), I decided to go check it out at my nearest Sports Chek store.

I got there relatively early (first day of sales, I was there at around an hr after they opened), and to my surprise it was already quite busy in the shoe section. There weren't any new types of runners that caught my eye, so after 10 minutes, I ended up going for a pair of shoes I previously worn before: New Balance 894. These shoes were one of the most comfiest shoes I ever worn in my entire life.

Problem was.... they didn't have my size!

After another 15 minutes or so, I settled for two pair of "trend" shoes. I own a couple of trend shoes before, and they're not nearly as comfortable as runners I find... but there weren't a pair of runners that fit my tastes.

I got a pair of New Balance Backpacks (they felt comfy when I tried them on, and I hope they're like those New Balance runners that I normally wear) and a pair of Converse. They didn't really give me a "wow" feeling, but I guess I'll grow warm towards them after some time! =)

Now for the drama

So I was bored this evening (since I usually finish what I want to get done during the day, and video games aren't really appealing to me at the moment.... WHERE ARE YOU LAST STORY? I 'm waiting for them to ship my copy still!!) so I wanted to see how many Japanese drama series I watched so far! I can count the amount of Korean and Taiwanese dramas I watched (6 Taiwanese: Tokyo Juliet, It Started With a Kiss, Love Contract, Devil Beside You, Hi My Sweetheart and Druken to Love You, and 1 Korean: Full House) in my lifetime, but I cannot for Japanese. Like I stated before, I prefer Japanese dramas since the seasons and episodes are shorter. I estimated that in the past six years, I watched over 120 series.

Well I went through the list on mysoju.com and cross referenced it with jdorama.com to list the series I watched to date so far. Here's my list (and actually quite a long list)

EDIT: I can't post my list =(, but I counted 111 drama series (+ a couple that I may have missed since they're not as mainstream as the ones I usually watch).

Speaking of dramas, it's time to end this post and to proceed onto another episode of Real Clothes! =D



No comments:

Post a Comment