Friday 10 January 2014

I learned something new today driving home...

In the mornings, I normally turn on the radio as I drive to work. At times, I'll hear the traffic reporter stating that traffic is slow due to gawkers. Normally, I would associate these gawkers to be on the same side of the accident.

Definitely not on the other side, and least with a barrier separating the two roads.

So lo and behold, I was driving home from work. Sistar's Ma Boy was playing on my speakers and somehow... I was imagining the choreography. Due to that, I missed my exit and had to loop around. Perhaps it was a sign from above to tell me to avoid the road that I normally take to go home.

When I returned back to my road, I noticed that there was a lot more traffic than normal. It was moving, albeit quite slowly. I knew right away that it was either construction or an accident. Since it's winter, I presumed it was the latter.

I was right, and I saw a bunch of flashing lights...

That were coming across the road separated by a concrete barrier.

The accident scene looked quite bad. There was a red pick up truck that had it's entire front crumpled. But at that time, I was wondering why traffic was moving so slowly if the accident was on the other side. And I guess that's what they mean by gawkers. People were slowing down on the side I was on to witness the accident scene.

Pretty interesting, though I hope that the people involved in the accidents aren't harmed.


No comments:

Post a Comment