Wednesday 27 December 2017

Day 5 - When did left turning on a red light become legal?

Woke up early, not because I was motivated to do work, but rather to get ready for my 8:00 dental clean up. For the past couple of years, I've had my appointments on the weekends so that it doesn't interfere with work. However, I haven't seen my regular dentist in a while (since he doesn't work weekends), thus booking an appointment slot for a weekday.

Like yesterday, it was hard to get my car started. I'm assuming it's due to the cold and that my battery has a minuscule 330 W of cold cranking power. Nevertheless, it was able to turn, thus allowing me to make it on time. The cleanup went like always, two units of scaling (I believe that means 30 minutes?) followed by polishing and fluoride treatment. Bite-wing x-ray and dentist check up at the beginning and shortly after scaling commenced, respectively. Fortunately no cavities! =)

After my appointment, it was off to drop off a friend at the airport before heading to the gym for back day. It was a short session due to me injuring my trapezius muscle. Rolling out again midway through my session helped, but being the cautious person that I am, I decided to skip a couple exercises.

At home, I completed another set of notes before heading out for the evening. I got the opportunity to try out a different Japanese restaurant: Tokachi in Dragon City Mall. It was better than I expected, and portion sizes were quite generous for the price. After a stop for bubble tea next door, it was off home.

Now in terms of the title... as I was driving to dinner, I saw the most peculiar scene. I was third in line, waiting to turn south onto Barlow Trail from 36th Street NE. Normally, the left turning light doesn't turn green right away, even though West bound traffic turns green. It's normally a pretty short wait (30 seconds or so), but the CRV at the front of the line turned left after seeing that there was no Eastbound traffic, despite the left turning traffic signal being a solid red... The taxi behind the CRV (2nd in line) thought it was alright to do so as well, so it turned left on a solid red as well! Ironically, as I pulled up to wait for the light, it turned green pretty much five seconds later.

Other than being out all day pretty much, I was able to fit in another episode of reverse. The more I watch it, the more I understand why it won the best drama award: it's a great suspense series with a main character that people can relate to. I'll most likely elaborate once I finish the series!

But that's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment