Tuesday 5 June 2012

Darn thunder storm

Darn thunderstorm is making it hard to sleep! Here I lay in bed, trying to sleep but sleep won't come =(. Might as well write my blog on my phone since I don't feel sleepy anymore. It's also been a while since my last entry!

Today, I went to volunteer at my old practicum school by helping to supervise a field trip to the local pond. The students had to collect water and identify specimens in the water or by catching additional specimens with nets. Some groups were lucky and found a lot of diversity among their specimens collected while others were not. What surprised me the most was that most of the students were engaged in this inquiry based activity. In fact, I don't recall seeing a student that wasn't engaged with the activity. All of them were trying to find organisms using their nets or by directing their group mates to a particular spot.

Wow... My hand stamina is low... So that's it for now! Here's a picture of a burger I ate at Jameson's last Friday: their highlander burger. Two 8 oz patties with 4 oz of shredded pork. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment