Wednesday 18 February 2015

Hunter x Hunter - The Feels

I don't think I can recall a drama series/anime that I sympathized with the main antagonist.

In the anime series I'm currently watching, Hunter x Hunter, there's a nearly 70 episode arc known as the Chimera Ant arc. The main antagonist, the Chimera Ant King was as brutal as an antagonist can get.

And the initial feeling I had for the king was disgust, due to all of his horrendous actions. Throughout the arc though, a human managed to change him for the better.

As cliche as it sounds, the writer managed to portray the change, and his eventual death really well. It's hard for me (always hard for me to explain these pivotal moments) in detail, but it was a really touching final episode. It was touching to see the king die playing the game that changed him "for the better".



Also, as a side note, the final scene reminded me of a song from a drama I watched...


Enough with this sadness... though it's always good to feel it every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment