Sunday 25 March 2012

Feast!

Today was the black belt ceremony and annual spring banquet/buffet. I believe we had 6 new shor dans (1st degree), 1 new ni dan (2nd degree) and 1 new san dan (3rd degree). Congratulations to them all!

After the ceremony, the head sensei gave a speech to the new black belts. The speech was about dedication, motivation and discipline. I learnt today that many people will go the distance, but never quite finish the "marathon" (couldn't think of a better metaphor). Most people would give up when they face adversity. However, our head sensei encourages us to go all the way, to see the end of things. 

If you put so much effort in, why stop now?

After the speech, a couple of the senior black belts gave speeches of their own. They had good speeches as well, about refining techniques & discipline and the joy of seeing the new black belts getting their black belts after years of hard work.

Once the speeches were done, lunch was served!

I had two full plates of food =P. It was quite yummy!

After the buffet, I went back home to get ready for work. Once work was completed, it was off to countless amount of episodes of Code Geass R2. I finished the series a couple years back, but I had to rewatch the series again. Lelouch is quite the genius!

That's it for today. Tomorrow is a big day! Since I won't be able to talk summer school, I'll have to look for a job that'll keep me busy! (And I could use the money! If I accumulate enough money, I could start on a big project that I have in mind! =) )

No comments:

Post a Comment