Monday 9 April 2012

Week 2 Monday

Today marks my first ever PD Day as a student teacher! For those who are interested in what Professional Development Day is, it's pretty much when teachers sit down and listen to a guest speaker or participate in activities organized by the principal. The staff at my school (and at an elementary school nearby) had a guest speaker today. His topic was on critical thinking. Apparently its a part 2 of a series of critical thinking.

So pretty much for the entire day (from 8:30 to 3:00), we had a guest lecturer speak to us. Throughout the 6ish hours, we had a mixture of group discussion and activities. Despite how boring I thought it would be, time actually flew by pretty quickly. Even though I learnt some of these things in school, there were some new things I learnt. For example, I learnt the different types of critical challenges I could use to implement into my lesson plans, such as Critiquing, Judging, figuring out the puzzle, etc.

So despite a long day, it was actually not too bad!



Day 7 - Favorite Singer!!

Surprise surprise! It's not BoA! Well not anymore, as some people may know. I used to adore listening to her songs, but after her recent works, I'm not too into her. I know that a true fan (or is that the definition of an obsessed fan...) will like the artist no matter what, but I can't really take her new style anymore. She does have some good new tracks (like Romance and Milestone in my opinion), but overall, I haven't really like her works after 2010).

So who's my favorite singer at the moment? Well no one really... I've been listening to a lot of Final Fantasy Piano arrangements. I can probably play only 1/10 of them decently... but perhaps that will be a lofty goal of mine one day. Surprisingly, I find these songs to be challenging... maybe I lost more of my piano skills than what I initially though...

Anyways the picture is from the cover art of the FF X Piano Collection music book. I think the cover looks pretty neat, don't you think? =P

No comments:

Post a Comment