Monday 21 July 2014

Day 17 - Last full day in Japan 2014

I woke up relatively late compared to the last two days. We went down to eat our breakfast of bread and soup. Soon after, we got ready to go outside for our last full day in Japan (for this year anyways. I'll be sure to go back to Japan!)

We started the day by going to the Yodabashi store in Shinjuku to pick up an item for my dad. Once that was complete, we then travelled to Square Enix's Artnia cafe. It was decently sized compared to other cafés Ive been to, but there wasn't anything interesting items on sale. We had a brief snack there. I got myself a high potion drink which consisted of ginger ale and mint leaves with slices of lime. If I was a final fantasy character, I wouldn't last long if I was injured. The drink was pretty nasty in my taste. After Artnia, we travelled to Harajuku. It was my first time there, and I found it to be extremely busy. We stopped by a AYCE Yakuniku place for lunch. The salad bar at this place was pretty good, though they forgot to give us our ice cream =(. 

After lunch, we walked around Harajuku for a bit. We then walked to Shibuya to find an arcade. We played a couple of games (gundam simulator, Gundam Extreme Vs where my brother got pretty far in the game and gun slinger stratos), we found a MEC equivalent store. Well maybe not MEC, but travel equipment: my brother found himself a decently priced duffle bag. 

Since he has more room now, we travelled to Akihabara so he can pick himself up another Gundam. Once our trip was complete, we went back to Shinjuku to reflect about our trip. After spending some time gazing at the heart of Shinjuku, we travelled back to our hotel to eat our cheap bento boxes for dinner. 

And that pretty much marked my last day in Japan for this year! I'll right a reflective piece tomorrow when I get back home. I really dislike typing on my phone keyboard, but it does allow me to store my memories for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment