Saturday 12 October 2013

Pokemon X and Y

I think this is the first time that Nintendo made a world wide release for one of their super popular series. Early this morning, while I was at volunteering at PLC, my brother went to pick up our copies.

He settled for X while I had Y in my possession. Despite doing some chores (changing the car's oil for example), I got some time to give Pokemon Y a try. And I have to say, that I was really satisfied with the game so far. It really feels like a trip down memory lane, but with much improved graphics. You even get a Kanto (Generation 1) starter! And I got a Pidgey (Generation 1 bird) and Pikachu!!

What also made it really nostalgic was the forest (forgot the name) you enter to get to your first gym badge. Viridian Forest anyone?

As of now, I've beaten the first gym leader. I'm currently heading towards the second gym. All in all, I have 5 Pokemon in tow: Froakie (the water type), Pidgey, Butterfree, Torchic (wi-fi event) and Pikachu. I'm on my way to get my Kanto starter: which I've decided to settle on Bulbasaur so that I have the three starter types on my team!

Ahh but enough Pokemon geekiness for one day!

My copy of Pokemon Y

No comments:

Post a Comment