Tuesday 29 October 2013

Waking up at 6 for the first time since... April...

I believe today was the first day I had waken up at an hour that I'm normally not accustomed to due to an interview at a charter school! Not complaining because of the early start time, but rather it is something that I'm not accustomed to seeing that I've been waking up at around 9 AM daily...

Anyways, I got up, ate breakfast quickly and proceeded to shower and get dressed. I left my house at around 7:50 and ended up around 40 minutes early for my interview. Therefore, I waited in my car and observed the students being bussed in from communities. I guess you could say that it looked slightly creepy, for I was just sitting in my car looking at school busses... but I had nothing else to do at the moment! I didn't want to do more research since it would have made me more nervous!

When it was about 15 minutes to my interview, I proceeded into the school and to the main office. I was greeted warmly by the secretary at the school. It was the first time that a secretary has engaged me in small talk for an interview, but due to my nerves, I could only comment about the crappy weather we've been having... =/

Then, very shortly, the interview started! There were three people interviewing me, which, oddly enough, didn't increase my anxiety. Somehow I managed to keep calm and answered the questions to the best of my ability. True, I was given about 20 hours to prepare for the interview, but fortunately for me I had some experience with previous interviews. After around 25 minutes or so, my interview ended and we parted. Looking back, I believe I did myself justice. Of course, I hope for the very best outcome for myself, but then again, there are still many teachers out there looking for jobs. Only thing I can do really is to continue forward, and if things really don't look up... well I guess I have my back up plan lined up. =/

And that's that! Off to sleep! Long day indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment