Sunday 26 July 2015

Day 12 - Nara and Osaka Nights

On the train to Osaka right now from Nara with at least 10-15 more minutes to go. I might as well start blogging now:

I started the day waking up at my new normal time of around 8:30. We headed off to Daimaru first to pick up an item first. Afterwards, we headed down to Kyoto station to look for Aeon Mall. I was in need for more socks since I'll be wearing my hiking shoes more throughout the trip. 

After a quick walk, we arrived at Uniqlo. It had pretty cheap clothes: probably an equivalent to an Old Navy or Gap back home. The socks were a bit pricy at 990 yen for two pairs, but their t-shirts were at the same price. I bought myself some socks and shorts too prolong myself along this trip. 

After shopping, we headed upstairs to grab a bite to eat. It was an extremely tasty sukiyaki lunch set, that we all happened to get. 

After lunch, we finally headed to Nara. Unlike last year, the sun was shining and the skies were a clear light blue. It was a hot walk towards Nara park and Todaiji. 

Once we arrived at Nara park, we were greeted by the deer once again. They seemed a little bit more passive this time around, or maybe I opted out to feed them this time. After the park, we trudged towards Todaiji. It was a lot more crowded than last time. After purchasing souvenirs, we headed back to the station to head to find dinner in Osaka. 

***

We found an okonomiyaki place near Namba station. It turned out to be a delightful eat as we were able to try out 4 different types of okonomiyaki: beef, beef with egg and green onions (surprisingly slightly different than regular beef for me), pork and a potato/rice cake. After dinner, we walked around Dotonbori for a while. We found a Takoyaki place that serves pretty good Takoyaki. 

My mission for food in Osaka is complete. 

Finally found the Glico Man!


No comments:

Post a Comment