Tuesday 21 July 2015

Day 7 - Central Kyoto

I think this was the first time that I woke up late during this trip. I initially woke up at 7:45, but snoozed till around 9:30. I think I finally got over my jet lag! 

We started by walking to Nijo Castle. The outside was magnificent, but unfortunately the inside was closed to the public on Tuesday's. Afterwards, we walked to the gardens that housed the imperial palace of Kyoto. It was quite a large garden, and it was sweltering hot as we walked across the vast expanse to find the castle. Unfortunately once again, we couldn't enter since you needed to order tickets ahead of time. 

After a weary hot morning, we made our way to lunch at an automated sushi place. Most of the dishes were 100 yen! Being automated made it really neat as well. It's a shame we don't have these type of sushi joints in Calgary!

After sushi, we ventured to the dollar store next door before heading back to do some laundry. We then headed back to Teramachi street (and bits of a closed down Nishiki) to shop for souvenirs. After that, it was off to Kyoto tower to take pictures of the night sky of Kyoto. 

Dinner took place at Kyoto station's 10th floor. It's essentially a Ramen Alley, with so many different ramen restaurants to pick from. The ramen we had was absolutely delicious. It kind of reminded me of the one I had in Sapporo. 

And that's for today! More Kyoto tomorrow before we start taking more day trips!

Within Kyoto Station

No comments:

Post a Comment