Friday 31 July 2015

Day 17 - More Takamatsu

For those of you keeping track, it seems like today should be day 16, but I realized I made a mistake with my labeling! Today is actually day 17, including the day I left Calgary. 

I woke up extremely late today; 10:30 in fact. After getting dressed and eating breakfast, we headed to the shopping arcade once more before meeting up at the station to travel to our first temple in Shikoku. 

We decided to venture to Zentsuji, one of the temples on the 88 temple on the Shikoku pilgrimage path. The walk was hot, but I had a little towel to cover the back of neck. I had to say that it help beat the heat! The part of Takamatsu, known as Zentsuji was quite quiet. There were only a few other people walking down the hot streets. It was somewhat peaceful, but lonely after getting accustomed to the bustle of bigger cities. 

The temple itself was nice to look at, though I cannot say that it really impressed me. I guess it's due to be fact that we visited a never of shrines and temples already. Afterwards, we headed to Yashima, a mountain with a nice view of the city. Unfortunately, we arrived too late to catch a shuttle to the top of the summit. 

Due to that, we headed back, relatively early, to our area. We grabbed some ramen again and headed back to our hotel. 

At Yashima station. It was sad that we missed the chance to see the summit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment