Friday 7 September 2012

The Last Summer of my Childhood

Wow, four months has gone by so quickly, yet I can't recall exactly what I did all summer!

This was the first time since... junior high that I didn't have to study during the summer! During my high school years, I was taking theory courses to get my ARCT certificate. During my undergrad in biological sciences, I was taking spring and summer courses to lighten my load during the fall and winter. Between my first degree and my second degree, I was taking a MCAT course (last year).

And now this year. I did absolutely no mandatory studying! Feels great!

Lost some brain cells probably from the lack of math and science...

But in return, I got the chance to express my creative side (playing the piano more... well in the first couple months at least, photography, gundam building, etc). It was definitely a nice change from doing all math and science =P.

So why did I call this post the last summer of my childhood despite being almost close to my mid 20's? Well hopefully, I'll be working full time next year (including some kind of job in the summer). Thus, this summer will be the last summer of pure bliss and joy; the last time I will live such a carefree summer.

Looking back these four months, I can't really recall a time period where I was extremely bored (though I stated it in some of my blog posts). Overall, it was a great time in my life. Besides expressing my creative side, I also got the chance to put in a lot of anime and dramas! And even TV!! (Big shock for me...) I will for sure recollect about this in the coming months.

But it is time now to start becoming like a grown up and move onto the next phrase of my life (with occasional bursts of "childhood immaturity" of course!)

And that's that!

For today's picture
Magazines that I got in the mail yesterday. This is the first time I received three magazines at once. The usually come in one day after another, or a week after another... you get the idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment