Wednesday 19 September 2012

Why [is an airplane faster than a car]?

I thought I might as well continue with titles starting with "Why" for at least this week! =P

After my workout today, I went to the atrium at school to wait for class. I found a table to sit at and ate my lunch while I looked at my course outline to see what I needed to read for EDUC 501. After a while, a couple of professors asked if they could sit with me since there wasn't any empty tables left and my table had three empty seats. As they sat down, they began to conversate among one another.

Of course, I took this as a chance to eavesdrop.... hehehehe...

All I'm going to say is, that I was quite entertained to hear the professors talk. I won't diverge the exact conversation in due respect to their privacy, but it was interesting to see a professors viewpoint when I'm going to become a teacher myself. (*hint hint, some talk about students). Also, I heard about the life of a professor, as in the private life. No, no, nothing like that, but rather about their childhood or how it was like in the past.

Now onto my title. During 502 today, we were discussing disciplinary learning (I believe...) and the topic drifted onto young children in elementary and how their teachers are required to teach all subjects. One student mentioned how her son was asking her questions one day, contemplating about science (speed of an airplane vs car) and mathematics (Distance between one city and another). Through this small example, there is interdisciplinary between two subjects. I know that math and science pretty much go hand in hand, but this was just one example we talked about!

Thus, that's the rationale behind the title of my blog!

After coming home, I downloaded and installed iOS 6. It took two tries since the first time didn't work for some reason (error 6). It's working now, and I'll do a brief blog about it tomorrow when I get the chance to play with it more.

For those who haven't been keeping up with the iOS 6 news, YouTube is no longer a core application. That is why there's a "new" banner/ribbon on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment