Tuesday 4 August 2015

Day 21 - Kenroku-en + Kanazawa Castle + Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Woke up relatively early to try out the breakfast buffet at our hotel. It had a wide variety of dishes, but I'm not sure if it was worth the price in the end. 

After breakfast, we headed down towards the Kenroku gardens. Along with Ritsurin, it's one of the top 3 gardens in Japan. Personally, I didn't enjoy it as much as Ritsurin because I felt that it had less of a view than the former. It could also be due to the fact that it's my second garden in such a small amount of time... Or maybe I just have a strong bias for the first garden I saw! Who knows?

After the gardens, we headed towards the nearby castle. It was like any other castle, just with a bit more English I felt. It was nice to listen to the explanations of certain parts of the castle in English. 

Final, we headed back to the station to eat sushi in the nearby mall. It was conveyor belt, and it was far more pricier than Muten Kirazushi. It wasn't as fishy tasting, though I did end up spending around 3700 for around 12-14 slices of sushi and some side dishes. =\

We checked out the mall after our late linch. At the nearby music store, my brother found a book with classical sheet music from the amazing Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso anime. Sure, I probably had some of the sheet music already, but it wa a must buy book! 

After heading down to the first floor after a few hours in the mall, we stumbled across a bakery that sold canulĂ©! More feels for Shigatsu! It was my first canĂ© and it had a pleasant taste. 

That made my day from being great to being excellent!

After resting for a bit at the hotel, we walked to an arcade and then wandered around the streets, finishing up with a convenience store supper and breakfast supplies. 
And that's it for today! More Kanazawa tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment