Thursday 13 August 2015

Day 30 - Shopping Galore! (Odaiba and Akihabara)

Woke up at around 9 and headed out to Odiba as our first stop. We ventured up to the top floor of Diver City. Last year, we were unable to enter the Gundam Museum since they were doing something on the day we went. Fortunately, they were open today! The 1:1 Strike Freedom Bust was amazing. After walking around for a bit, we had the chance to see two short clips in their dome. The clips were like a planetarium, where the entire dome was engulfed with images. It was very cool, but my neck was hurting from tilting back my head so much. 

Afterwards, we headed to the Toyota museum. Nothing was really new, save for a few new cars that I didn't recognize on the top floor. We ventured to Venus Fort afterwards for a quick sushi lunch. After leaving (which I realized that parts of Venus Fort reminded me of Caesars Palace on Vegas), we headed to Akihabara. 

This was where we went on a shopping spree. We bought a bunch of Pokemon cards, protective sleeves (hard and soft) and other things from Yellow Submarine. We then ventured over to Don Quiote for cheap goods. And then to Tam Tam for Gundams! And finally back to Yellow Submarine for another gundam dice I was unable to find SD Unicorn Knight. 

When we were about to head back, I recalled that I needed to pick up something for my dad, so we headed to Yodabashi. After finally finished shopping for the day, we headed back to our station and ordered take out. 

It was Alan exhausting day, but a fulfilling one. All in all, I think I spent just over $100 on Gundams and Pokemon cards. Not too shabby I have to say!



No comments:

Post a Comment