Monday 17 August 2015

Day 34 - Until Next Time

I'm glad that I got my computer back, because it makes it that much easier to type out my blogs!

We got up and checked out of the hotel. It was a relatively smooth ride from our hotel to Shinjuku station. From there, we proceeded to find the line that the Narita Express (NEX) stopped at, and proceeded to wait for about 40 minutes.

The train ride was relatively smooth to the Narita Terminal 1 station. I took a nap, because I knew I wouldn't be able to nap on the plane. At the terminal, we checked in our bags and went through security. We then shopped for a few souvenirs before heading to a McDonald's for lunch. The last time I had a Japanese McDonald hamburger was in 2000. Unfortunately, I must have confused the server, because I got a Double Cheeseburger instead of a Teriyaki burger. The drink lids were interesting though, in that you could fit two straws in it!

After lunch, we headed to the gate to wait for the plane. The plane ride felt extremely short, probably because we had access to their Entertainment screen this time. I managed to watch 3 movies (Iron Man, Iron 3 and The Theory of Everything) before napping for like 15 minutes. Since I couldn't sleep, I just watched a couple of The Big Bang Theory episodes... which reminds me that I need to catch up with the series eventually...

And, unlike the turbulent landing in Japan, we arrived in Canada quite smoothly. After being picked up and going to Chapters to pick up my order, I went home to unpack a bit. I tried staying up, but I ended up napping for about 3 hours. 

And here I am now -- back to reality. It was an amazing experience, in which I'll make another reflective post in due time.




No comments:

Post a Comment