Thursday 31 January 2013

BoA Disturbance Review

I was actually going to write this post tomorrow, but after losing our 140ish win streak on Pokemon, I decided to do it now since I can't sleep.

Anyways, BoA's new digital single contains this one track. From what I read, she composed the song and wrote the lyrics. It's a r&b ballad that reminds me of her late 2000s Japanese works (the specific title of the song isn't popping into my head. I guess it's due to the little similarities they share). Anyways, the beat is pleasant to listen to since its not fast. Her vocals are great, though this song doesn't seem to make her shine. It's fine though, for the purposes of this song.

The MV was directed by BoA's brother. It has a similar feel to Only One, drama version. The MV had a nice ambivalence to it and it certainly carried the mood of the piece. I also liked how you can pick an ending, though I cannot say I truly understood the endings...

My hands are cramping so ill end my post with a score.

9/10. It's a great song from BoA that is memorable. Ill be listening to this song for days to come, or whatever te saying is.

P.S: I'm not quite sure why it's called Disturbance. From reading the English translations of the lyrics, it seems like she breaks up with her boyfriend since he's becoming more distant from her. Is this change in relationship the disturbance? I don't know!


No comments:

Post a Comment