Saturday 5 January 2013

Cleaning Saturday


I went back to volunteering after what seems like an eternity (only a month). It went quite well today since my finger held up. I got to meet one of the other program supervisors/managers/operators/etc for volunteering head honchos (or my "boss" at least) today since she normally doesn't work on the weekends.

After volunteering, I had a decent sized lunch to help me with the task I had in hand: cleaning up my house of my old magazines. It's been years since I've sorted through my Nintendo Power, Maclean and National Geographic magazines. I was contemplating whether to keep the magazines or not (especially my Nintendo ones) since they have somewhat of a sentimental value for me. Nintendo Power was my very first subscription that I paid with my own cash! I decided to recycle them instead of keeping them for scrapbooking/art projects at school/etc since I couldn't imagine people ripping through these magazines to find what they need for their said project. I felt it was best for them to be recycled and for them to know that they're doing their part to help save our environment. (Weird twisted logic I know)

After cleaning up my old magazines, I went on to clean up the dust from my Gundam collection. My MG Impulse must have about a layer of dust that is literally a millimeter thick! After a wash, I took pictures of Impulse which struck me with a fine idea for my photo challenge. I'm going to start taking pictures of my and my brother's collection of gundams. That should keep me occupied with a photo challenge for almost half a year!! Good way to start off the New Year! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment