Tuesday 24 April 2018

Taiyaki Ice Cream

Being unable to sleep till midnight for the past couple of weeks, badminton practice three times a week after school, making notes for a new course and just everything else that come with teaching is starting to take its toll on me. Fortunately, I was able to put aside some time to go out and enjoy a nice dinner with friends after work.

Since we were in the downtown area, I finally got the chance to try out Uzu Taiyaki. Uzu Taiyaki specializes in soft serve ice cream in taiyaki, which is a snack eaten in Japan. Taiyaki is shaped as a fish and often filled with some sort of filling (ie: adzuki/red bean, chocolate, custard, etc). I got a Taiyaki cone coated with adzuki bean, filled with black sesame ice cream and topped off with sour keys and Oreo sprinkles. The soft serve ice cream was delightful, but I was not too fond of the taiyaki since I was hoping it would be softer than what it actually happened to be. Other than that, it was still quite good.

And off to sleep! Hopefully I can fall asleep in less than hour...

No comments:

Post a Comment