Tuesday 2 October 2012

It's one of those days...

...where everything you do seems to go wrong. Well at least nothing disastrous occurred yet! (Knock on wood)

What a seemingly long day today! I hardly could recall what went on in my classes today... but good thing I was extra vigilant in taking notes! Speaking of notes... I should get started on studying for 505 soon...

Well one thing I remember about 506 today was the little demo we did today. It involved snapping toothpicks into half (without breaking the pieces cleanly). We had to place the middle of each toothpick together to form like a 5 pointed brittlestar shape. Afterwards, we added a couple of drops of water to the middle of our shape. This is what it looked like after applying the water and allowing it to... work its magic =)

It formed a star! It's due to the water flooding the xylem tissue within the tooth picks. This would make the bent toothpicks "straighten" out!

Pretty neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment