Sunday 11 November 2012

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou

Today is Remembrance Day, so we observed a minute of silence in karate today. I didn't expect the younger students to be still during that minute, but they were stock still. It seems like though, that each year, Remembrance Day loses its meaning. For example, I am seeing less people wearing poppies and the situation in a school in Edmonton (I believe?) that gave students the choice of whether they wanted to observe a moment of silence in school or not. I myself forgot about the minute of silence today, even though I mentioned it at the beginning of class. I stated that we will observe the minute at exactly 11 AM, but it wasn't till around 11:10 that a student reminded me of what we needed to do.

Lest we forget all those that sacrificed their lives to give us a chance to live in a free country like Canada. 

In the afternoon, I got some work done for my remaining school projects and for my upcoming practicum. I have to say that I feel a bit nervous since I've never been inside a charter school before. It's going to be an interesting experience nevertheless! I just have to remind myself to set my alarm clocks to wake me up early tomorrow morning! 

Also this afternoon, I started a new anime series: The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. I'm about three episodes in, out of five at the moment, and I'm pretty much hooked! Its a nice romantic comedy with a touch of slice of life. I feel like I can relate to the main character, in that he's not quite sure what he wants to do with his life. I do have somewhat of a path in mind, but I feel like it may change when I grow older and experience more events in life. 

Anyways, onto episode 4!


No comments:

Post a Comment