Wednesday 21 November 2012

Week 2 Day 3

Practicum today was relatively quiet. I started my morning by visiting the university fair they had going on in their gymnasium. I'm impressed that they were able to recruit... I believe it was 20+ different universities to come talk to the high school students. I saw schools like UofC, UofA, MRU, and many other universities that I didn't recognize (East coast somewhere).

In biology today, they went over a review booklet that covered the unit that my learning partner and I taught. I think for the most part they got the concepts that we discussed (DNA, replication, transcription, translation and mutations). There were some confusion in terms of what was the coding strand, what was the template strand for mRNA, mRNA codon and tRNA anti-codon, but I think at least some of the students were able to understand it once we went over the concepts briefly together.

Since there are quizzes/unit finals tomorrow, a couple students came during lunch time to seek assistance. I helped this one student go over using the pH and pOH formulas during the lunch break. I hope I was able to help her!

Both chem classes started stoichiometry today. They went through a review of net ionic equations and started on learning how to use the mol ratio.

Luckily for me today, I don't have to prep anything for tomorrow since it's all quizzes and unit finals! I did end up doing nothing at home since I felt tired. However, I did put in about an hour and a half worth of LoL...


No comments:

Post a Comment