Monday 26 November 2012

What defines an Asian person? Week 3 Monday

I'm working on my website at the moment, and I am having difficulty identify what Canada constitutes as an Asian! I've been browsing through Wikipedia, but I am unable to access its sources. =( The only solid definition I have for what defines an Asian is through one of my journal articles. The problem though, is that it is an American journal article rather than a Canadian article. I hope they don't really mind if I use that definition!

As for school today, I got the chance to teach an entire Chemistry 20 class. We went over doing gravimetric stoich. To be honest, I found it difficult to explain this topic in a clear way for students to understand. I tried using the method that my own chemistry teacher taught me, with looking analytically at what the equation is telling you to do (given mass x molar mass to get mols of A x mol ratio to "cross the bridge" x molar mass of B to get grams). From my observations, I believe that a couple of students understood the process, but a lot are still in the dark. For tomorrow, I'll need to make sure and go over more practice examples. I'm not sure how else I can teach this unit! I'm open to any ideas if you guys have any!

I also got the sheet music for the musical! I went home and started practicing a couple of the pieces. I got the notes down for one of the simpler pieces and about 40% done another piece!

That's it for today! I lied about the picture... I was planning to take a picture of the sheet music I got, but I'm unable to do so at the moment... I'll stop promising to put up pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment