Thursday 22 November 2012

Week 2 Day 4 - I'M JOINING A MUSICAL!

The biology and chemistry classes had exams today so I didn't have to teach anything. Instead, I spent block 2 (biology) to invigilate exams while block 3 was spent observing a math 20 AP class. It brings back memories of when I was in IB. There were a bunch of questions on the board and I was able to do about 40% of them. Not bad considering I haven't seen high school math for a while!

Block 4 was spent in a biology 20 classroom. It was interesting to observe another science teacher and the techniques he used in his classroom. 

Perhaps the most intriguing part of the day was when I accepted the role as a piano accompaniment for the musical that the high school is holding in a couple of weeks! I have to say that I'm pretty nervous about the whole thing since I never played in a musical before. Also, it's been a while since I last played as an accompaniment (high school jazz band). I've been listening to the music that I have to play and some of the songs sound tricky. I'll have to wait and see what the sheet music looks like tomorrow! =P

The next couple of weeks will sure be busy with the practicing that I'll need to do for the musical!

No comments:

Post a Comment