Sunday 18 November 2018

Let's Go, Eevee!

As some of you may know, I'm a fan of the Pokemon games. I grew up with then, stopped playing after second gen for a while and got back to it once university hit with fourth gen and never looked back from that. I've enjoyed the changes to the mechanics that Game Freak has done to the games as we went to fifth, sixth and seventh gen (though I cannot say I agree with all their designs... but I understand it gets harder when you have... 800 Pokemon?!?)

With this third remake of Kanto (after the remake for the Game Boy Advance: Fire Red and Leaf Green), I was hesitant on purchasing Let's Go, Eevee (or Let's Go, Pikachu) since they took out a lot of battling and incorporated a Pokemon Go approach to leveling up your team. As a side note, I was never truly a huge fan of Pokemon Go. I felt it was too far from the original series, despite the innovate way to get people to play.

After reading a whole bunch of reviews on how decent the game was, I made the plunge and got myself a copy.

And I'm glad I did! From what I've seen so far, they really dumb down the game so younger children can get into the series, which is probably a really smart financial move since my generation is getting older and older. I'm not feeling the capturing system yet, but it's better than swiping with a finger on a smart phone (you flick your Switch remote on the screen to catch Pokemon now). 

The biggest thing that I like about the game, thus far, is the nostalgic factor. It made my heart skip when I heard the main theme, though orchestrated now instead of being 8 bit (I think it was 8-bit back in the day). 

With the laid back atmosphere (compared to competitive breeding), it allows me to not spend too much time on the game and live my life... as a responsible adult...

Time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment