Thursday 22 November 2018

WHOOOSH

Parent Teacher Interviews, especially on the Thursday, is gruesome since they're longer than normal days for me. Fortunately, the grade 8s had their second part to their unit test (written), meaning that I didn't have to teach three periods. As for my Robotics 8 class, seeing that it was their last class with me, I gave them a free period. Many of the students, included myself played a online game to end of the term in high spirits. The grade 7s had a project to work on, along with a lab that my student teacher took care of, meaning that I didn't have to teach all day! =)

Parent Teacher Interviews themselves went relatively smoothly this year. Around 30 families showed up, though most of them were students I didn't need to see. The students that you do want to see never do show up unfortunately.

In terms of today's title, since Black Friday is tomorrow, they already had some sales online that I took advantage of in the morning before work started. Best Buy had a sale on a gaming mouse, which was cheaper than I've ever seen it (I've been scoping this mouse for the past year or so ever since I started having troubles with my current one) and wireless earbuds, which could be useful at the gym. I reserved both items at the nearest Best Buy to my house to be picked up after interviews today.

The issue I had was Best Buy closes at 9 PM, while Parent Teacher Interviews finish at 8:30 PM. Since it was a Black Friday sale deal, they had a one day pick up window, meaning that I had to pick it up that night. Fortunately, there were no parents near the end of the interview so I was able to leave right at 8:30.

I started warming up my car five minutes before leaving, so I didn't feel as guilty as I... gently thrashed it driving to Best Buy. I have a stock airbox at the moment, but it's nice to hear the turbo spool and faint "whoosh" sound as it releases it's pressure once you let off the throttle to shift gears. I made it with about 15 minutes to spare, though it took about another 10 minutes to get served since everyone seemed to be packing up for the day.

Either way, I was able to pick up my items! And according to my ECU management tool, I had to pull back timing just a bit!


No comments:

Post a Comment