Sunday 7 October 2018

Evolve Strength

I woke up early on Saturday to go to work to drop off some supplies that I normally wouldn't be able to fit in my car. Fortunately, my mom has a SUV, so that was able to carry my item. Due to clear roads, I was able to make it to work in like 20 minutes, drop off my package, and get back home within an hour.

Very soon after, I drove out to Evolve Strength Sunridge (I'll abbreviate it as ESS), the new gym that is relatively close to my house. ESS is a gym that caters to power lifters, if I remember correctly, though it has a whole range of equipment. ESS has about 20 places to squat (12 dedicated for squat with 8 more stations that can be used for squatting), 8 dedicated Olympic lifting platforms (if I remember correctly), 5 deadlifting platforms (smaller than the OL platforms), 5 flat benches (that can be used for squatting), and a decent amount of other machines. There's also a ton of dumbbells that go up to 150 lbs! Also, all the bars there are Eleiko bars, meaning that they're top notch. It's nice to lift with proper knurling!

Saturday was their grand opening, though it was quiet when I got there. I got a squat rack to myself and squatted for a while, before moving onto accessory exercises. Most of the clientele there seemed to be power lifters due to their build and ability to lift extremely heavy weights. It's a humbling experience to be beside such strong individuals!

Benching on a Eleiko bench and bar was heaven-sent -- being able to adjust the height of the bar and having a slight decline made it relatively easy to hit a PR.

All in all, an amazing gym and cheaper than my last gym! True, there's no swimming pool, gymnasium or other amenities, but they weren't things that I used in the first place. 

After working out, I got home and proceeded to change my oil. I don't drive a lot, but it has been nearly 6 months since my last oil change. Once that was all said and done, I did some research before calling it a night with MHW.

No marking done, but there's always tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment