Wednesday 2 May 2018

Apparently I have seen Cherry Blossoms Before

As I was scrolling through pictures that my dad brought back from Japan, I noticed there were a bunch of them from Spring 2001, when I went back for the second time, and being the first time for my brother. In a few of the pictures, taken at some sort of shrine or temple, there were cherry blossoms in full bloom. I cannot recall that image for the sake of me, but I guess it shows that if you don't truly appreciate something, it won't make much of an impact on you. (Which is perhaps one of the biggest challenges I have as a teacher at times, to engage students, but that's for another day).

Back to the picture... I look seemingly bored. If only I can go back in time and slap myself silly...
It's time to go back to Japan in the spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment