Sunday 6 May 2018

I forgot how loud summer tires are...

Driving to karate this morning was quiet, like any other Sunday. What I noticed most though, was how loud summer tires sounded compared to my winters. Back in the day when I had all season tires, they were relatively quiet compared to winters. However, I find my summer tires on my car currently to be louder than my winters!

And not to mention how slippery they are on top of gravel. My backyard is filled with gravel at the moment, though I cannot recall whether the city goes in to clean up back alleys as well... I don't think so? 

Either way, it was nice to drive on summer tires. It doesn't feel like they'll melt with the hot weather that's coming, and hopefully staying, in Calgary. Also, the grip you get when going up ramps or accelerating out of corners is unparalleled to all-seasons or winters. 

Other than the drive I explained in more detail than I usually would, it was a typical Sunday. I finally entered some marks in for my five science classes. Even with a few short cuts, it took the better of two hours to enter marks... >_>. On the bright side, I managed to finish two sets of notes so I'm pleased with that. 

Onto another week of work! This Tuesday will be the first time I ever experienced a PAT as a teacher instead of student. Even though it's not my subject, I feel somewhat anxious for my students writing it in a couple of days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment