Tuesday 22 May 2018

That wasn't expected in Violet Evergarden

Instead of watching videos to make me sleepy before bed, I've been trying to read. The difference is probably minimal at best since I'm reading novels from my phone. As of the moment, I'm currently reading the second Violet Evergarden light novel (based on how they broke it up on the website).

In the latest chapter I read, without spoiling much, a religious cult served to be somewhat of an antagonist. Unlike any other chapters, there seemed to be a clear villain here. The plot seemed quite obvious and cliche, yet I was still pulled into the narrative. I'm unable to put my finger on why I'm so captivated by the story, but I can clearly say that the translator did a good job to bring out the meaning behind the author's intent.

I wonder what reading the original Japanese LN would be like.

Other than that, the countdown begins! 6 more weeks of school left if I'm not mistaken! Onto summer planning... but only after I'm done planning for the rest of the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment