Tuesday 19 June 2018

I really really lonely

First PAT for the grade 9s, second final exam for the 8s and the first final exam for the 7s. It's nice in that I don't have to teach and just invigilate exams all day. The negative side, however, is that it can be extremely lackluster.

Other than exams, my grade 8s have started watching Interstellar. I've been using that movie as a wrap up to the year for the past three years. Or maybe it's two... can't remember to be honest. Despite it being my 10th... 11th... nth time watching Interstellar, there's always something that I'll pick up that I haven't picked up from my previous views. This time, it was a book dropping from the bookshelf that I somehow missed, which would explain one scene at the end.

Like I mentioned before, one problem with driving manual is heavy traffic. I was hoping to check out a car detailing shop down 16th ave, but traffic was horrendous and my foot was getting tired from clutching. The ride down Deerfoot was relatively short at around 15 minutes, but my left leg was starting to ache. I'm just grateful I don't have a racing clutch at the moment.

I stopped by Sports Chek to check out some duffle bags since my karate bag is breaking, and I needed something that can last while I travel. Not seeing what I really wanted, I headed back home to finish one final activity for my grade 7s for the year.

As for today's title, a relatively new Korean pop girl group have caught my attention as of late. Loona is a 12 girl band that had an interesting debut concept: release a solo for each member for 12 or so months. There's only a few songs that I like from the group, but the songs I like, I really like.

This B-side track to one of the member's (Jin Soul) really caught my attention. The beat is catchy, but my only quip is the one English line where they go "I really really lonely". I don't think it would change the song dramatically if they used "I'm" instead of "I".




No comments:

Post a Comment